SydWest is pleased to announce that the Australian Government now allows Temporary Protection visa and Safe Haven Enterprise visa (SHEV) holders eligible to apply for a permanent Resolution of Status (RoS) visa, and to convert applications for TPV/SHEVs to applications for RoS visas.
If you have held or applied for a TPV or SHEV before 14 February 2023, you may be eligible for a permanent RoS visa.
People granted a permanent RoS visa will have the same rights and benefits as all permanent residents.
This includes no waiting period and immediate eligibility for:
- all social security payments
- the National Disability Insurance Scheme, and
- higher education assistance.
RoS visa holders will also be eligible to:
- become Australian citizens once they meet residency and other requirements
- sponsor family to come to Australia under the family visa stream of the Migration Program.